Thank you for considering Miami Township as a future employer. When any positions are available they will be posted below:
Road Maintenance Worker (Part-Time)
This is a contributing level in the part-time maintenance worker classification and has no supervisory skills associated with the responsibilities. Employment is continuous throughout the year. Hours per week are 24-32 depending on season with a maximum of 1500 hours per 365 day period. Employee must be available as needed for emergency operations. Employee reports to a supervisor, foreman and/or crew leader. Incumbents of positions in this classification work in public areas such as parks, roadways, facilities, rights-of-way, medians, and on special crew assignments depending upon training requirements and operational needs. Performs a variety of skilled types of maintenance work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of park amenities, facilities, grounds and public roadway systems. Deadline to submit application: May 3, 2019 at 3:30 p.m. to Dan Mayberry, Director of Public Works: 10891 Wood Road, Miami Township, Ohio 45342.
Minimum Qualifications: Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required;
- Two (2) full years of full-time experience relating to similar work as outlined above preferred, OR any equivalent combination of related education, training and experience;
- Possess, or attained within six (6) months of hire, and maintain an Ohio Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement during employment tenure;
- Possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintain a good driving record during employment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Equipment operation, such as but not limited to: plate compactors, power tamps, chain saws, cement saws, pumps, mowers, trimmers, propane kettles, compressors, sanders, and generators;
• Ability and dexterity to work with hand held tools, such as but not limited to: common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, detection devices, mobile radio, and phones (conventional and mobile);
• Ability to learn and function within the areas of machinery, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in this type of work environment;
• Ability to work for extended periods doing heavy labor;
• Comply with safety rules and regulations;
• Capable of communicating effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to listen and carry out written and verbal directions;
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers both within and external to the department;
• Knowledge of a variety of skilled maintenance and manual tasks;
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions;
• Ability to read and write legibly for official record keeping.