Township Coronavirus Action Plan and Updates
5/20/20 Update: Governor DeWine today released details of the new "Ohioans Protecting Ohioans Urgent Health Advisory" which replaces the Stay Safe Ohio order. READ MORE
5/6/2020 Update: ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING GOVERNMENT CENTER RE-OPENING
Note: The police department lobby will also reopen to visitors on May 18
4/10/2020 Update: Until further notice, all township public meetings (Board of Trustees, Zoning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals) will be conducted by teleconference. Click for more
4/7/2020 Update: Please flush toilet paper only! Flushing other paper products, like paper towls, napkins, feminine hygiene products, etc., can block up the sewer system, sending the backup into your home!
4/3/2020 Update: For Township business owners only: Please take our survey and let us know how you are faring through this public health crisis. CLICK for survey.
4/1/2020 Update: Current office hours for the Government Center are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - noon. After noon, phone calls and emails will be checked periodically and answered as soon as possible. The Government Center is closed to visitors.
3/31/2020 Update: We’ve been getting several inquiries about lawn care services. Here are the restrictions under which they must work as provided by Public Health - Dayton & Montgomery County:
1. All lawn care businesses must abide by the physical distancing and disinfecting requirements stated in the Ohio Department of Health director’s Stay at Home Order.
2. Lawn care businesses may mow commercial and residential properties and may maintain or provide landscaping services of commercial properties, however should refrain from services of residential properties which are considered non-essential such as for beautification purposes, but may provide safety and sanitation services of those properties, for example insect control.
3. Public Health may randomly inspect the business practices of lawn care companies to verify that they are meeting the requirements set forth in the Stay at Home Order.
3/25/2020 Update: All park shelters are now closed for use, as is playground equipment. Any shelter reservations currently scheduled are subject to cancellation in accordance to the state of Ohio’s ‘stay at home’ order. We will continue to take shelter reservations for future dates, dependent on the status of the governor’s order. We reserve the right to cancel a reservation if deemed necessary.
Please continue to take advantage of our parks’ green spaces and walking/bike paths for exercise. If you have any questions, you may call (937) 433-9969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as soon as possible. And, please continue to check in on our website for updates.
3/23/2020 Update: The Government Center is changing its hours for essential personnel in our continuing effort to keep our citizens and employees healthy during this public health crisis. We are available to assist you, but our practices are being modified.
With the state of Ohio’s ‘stay at home’ order, the administration office will be manned with essential staff each weekday until noon. After the noon hour, staff will check phone messages remotely and direct them to the proper person for response until 5 p.m. each business day, Monday-Friday. You may also email us at email@example.com. . Please leave us a message. We will get back to you.
Other essential staff that will continue to work on site include the building maintenance technician, road maintenance teams who will work alternate week schedules, police officers and firefighters/paramedics.
Per the governor’s orders, our parks will remain open, but families are not to use playground equipment as it could be a source of contamination. Signs are posted at each park’s playground area.
The Board of Trustees meeting Tuesday morning, March 24, 2020, at 8 a.m., will go on as previously announced, but a reminder that seating will be very limited. We have purposely kept the agenda brief for essential business only. The meeting will be made available Tuesday afternoon on YouTube.
Please continue to visit our website for updates and helpful resources.
3/20/2020 Update: Please be advised that Government Center office hours are changing. Miami Township administration is available Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. Staff members will be available to assist you promptly by phone and email until 3 p.m. We will continue to periodically check in for emails/phone messages after 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. but the response may be slowed. Please continue to call our main office at 937-433-9969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. The staff directory is also available to send individual emails to staff. These new hours are until further notice.
The Board of Trustees meeting will be conducted Tuesday, March 24, 2020, but at a new time, 8 a.m. More information on that this afternoon when we will send out the agenda.
3/18/2020 Update: Some of our administrative staff are now working remotely from home to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. But, we are available during regular business hours, M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., to serve you by email or phone. All the resources you need are below. Keep checking back for updates and our growing Quick List of Local Resources.
Miami Township is closely monitoring developments concerning the COVID-19 outbreak. Effective immediately, Miami Township is taking the following preventative measures:
- The Government Center, 2700 Lyons Road, will close to the public until further notice beginning Monday, March 16, 2020. Staff will be available to the community by phone, email and our website.
- Board of Trustees meetings will go on as scheduled to adhere to state regulation, but the board will make every effort to conduct necessary business only that secures the daily operation of the township. The public is allowed to attend and make public comments, but please follow Centers for Disease Control safety guidelines before and while attending.
- The Public Works Building, 10891 Wood Road, is closed to the public effective immediately. Please call Public Works at 937-866-4661 with any department business. You may submit a right-of-way permit online. Click to submit a right-of-way permit.
- All zoning application requests must be made online. Click to make a request. Please call the Zoning Department for assistance in making a request or other department business at 937-433-3426. Be sure to leave a message if necessary and you will receive a call back. You may also email email@example.com.
- All Community Room reservations are canceled and no new reservations will be accepted until further notice.
- Miami Township parks will remain open during regularly scheduled hours. We will continue to accept park reservations online only.
- The Miami Township Police Department internal lobby is closed to the public effective Monday, March 16, 2020. The outer lobby has a direct-line phone to the Regional Dispatch Center available should you need to speak with an officer at the building.
- The MIami Valley Fire District will remain at full staffing for public safety. Emergency services will not be affected. Current protocols and precautions continue.
- Residents with flu-like symptoms (fever, cough or new on-set shortness of breath) who call for police and fire services will be asked about international travel and contact with others who have been exposed to COVID-19, although the MTPD and MVFD are not changing response assignments.
We encourage you and your loved ones to engage in proper hygiene practices during this time to slow the disease and its progression. Township trustees and administrative leadership encourage you to stay informed with accurate health information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Ohio Department of Health, and Public Health-Dayton & Montgomery County.
Township leadership continues to work on further contingency plans that promote the health and safety of our community and our staff while maintaining necessary services. These contingency plans include identifying personnel and those who can fulfill their job responsibilities remotely. As conditions change, the township may continue to make changes in daily operations.
Please continue to monitor our website and social media pages for updates as the situation continues to evolve:
Phone Number: 937-433-9969
Public Health-Dayton & Montgomery County - https://phdmc.org/
State of Ohio Coronavirus Information - https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/
Ohio Department of Health - https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/home
Center for Disease Control and Prevention - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html