Teleconference Meetings via Zoom
Select Meeting Link Below to Register:
IN-PERSON MEETINGS RESUME EFFECTIVE JUNE 2, 2021, INCLUDING THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES, BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS AND ZONING COMMISSION, UNLESS ANNOUNCED IN ADVANCE. ANY MEETING CONDUCTED VIA ZOOM WILL BE POSTED HERE TO ACQUIRE A LINK TO ATTEND THE MEETING.
Miami Crossing JEDD Special Meeting
Friday, June 18, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
Miami Township will remain to use Zoom for some meetings when appropriate and there will be advanced notice. Zoom is a third party vendor of telecommunication services and is not controlled by Miami Township. By utilizing Zoom’s services, the township is making every effort to comply with the Ohio Open Meetings Act while conducting official township business.
On March 25, 2020, Governor Mike DeWine signed into law House Bill 197, which modifies Ohio’s Open Meeting Act for the COVID-19 crisis. The updated legislation included provisions which related to conduct of public meeting and hearings during the period of the COVID-19 emergency. For a full description of the legislation signed, please go to the Ohio Attorney General’s website.
Zoom Technology Requirements
- Desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- Speakers / Headphones - Most Laptops, tablets, and smartphones have built-in speakers.
- Internet Connection - The quality of the connection is based on your personal internet connection, which is not managed by the township.
- If using only the audio option you will need to have a landline telephone or cellphone that can make long distance calls.
Anyone who wants to join a teleconference meeting may do so, but is required to register first. By registering, the township becomes aware of how many people are taking part and based on the number of participants we can upgrade our Zoom account to allow for all users whom want to take part in the meeting. Registration is free and will allow you to hear the meetings either by phone or through your computer. A link for registration purposes will be listed below. Please note that if you need help registering for a meeting, you must do so by 4:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting, as staff will not be available to assist beyond that time.
Miami Township intends to meet the State requirements under HB 197 pertaining to open meetings to the best of our ability during this crisis. The policies that are listed below are intended to assure that we meet our obligations for open meetings and public hearings and keep the meeting secure and consistent.
The following policies will govern how teleconference public meetings are run:
- No public participants will be able to utilize video, only authorized Township Staff will be permitted to utilize video and screen sharing during the meeting.
- All participants will be auto-muted when they enter the meeting and will only be permitted to speak at designated times during the meeting. At the designated times for public input, public participants may use the "raise your hand" feature to request to utilize the time given for public comments. Staff will then unmute individuals for the provided time and mute them again after their time has expired.
- The meeting will be recorded and official minutes will be created. These minutes are the official transcript of the meeting that occurred and will not be finalized until the next meeting for official adoption and approval.
How to Join a Meeting
If you have any issues with Zoom, please check out their help center.
- Zoom Help Center
- Getting Started
If you have any questions about how Miami Township is utilizing Zoom, or our policies regarding its use, please email email@example.com or call 937-433-9969.
2700 Lyons Road
Miami Township, OH 45342
Like Us on Facebook
Like Us on Instagram
Follow Us on Twitter
Subscribe to YouTube
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Ronald L. Hess
Christopher Snyder, AICP
Asst. Township Administrator/Director of Community Development