Right of Way Information

Project Within Right-of-Way

Don’t forget to contact the Road Department before starting any home improvement projects within the road right-of-way. The right-of-way is typically the strip of turf between the curb line and the back side of the sidewalk or, in most cases, roughly 10 feet from the curb line if your neighborhood does not have sidewalks. The most common projects that include the replacement of curb, driveway apron and sidewalk require a permit to perform work within the road right-of-way.

Permits and construction requirements can be obtained at:

Public Works Facility
10891 Wood Rd.
Miami Township, OH 45342

Applicants must also provide proof of liability insurance and a performance surety bond or certified check in the total amount per the fee schedule. Checks are returned to the applicant upon an approved final inspection. It is strongly suggested that residents have contractors take out permit to avoid potential problems if work does not pass Township inspection.

Large landscape plantings should be placed out of the right-of-way to avoid view obstructions and potential damage to vehicles and to underground / overhead utilities. Permits and construction requirements can be obtained at the Public Works Department located at 10891 Wood Road.

Applying for a Permit

Applications for Right-Of-Way Permit can be obtained from Public Works at the above address or a PDF version may be downloaded.

Applicants must have current proof of liability insurance and surety bond information on file at the Public Works offices. Applicant must complete form at the Public Works offices if submitting payment in the form of a certified check with permit request.